The U.S. Center for SafeSport has ruled: George Morris, famed USA team coach, father of hunt-seat riding , hall of fame president and widely regarded equestrian educator, is now “permanently ineligible” from participating in all horse sports.
Another famed equestrian educator has been accused and found guilty of sexual misconduct, said to have occurred over 30 years ago. Despite his life long dedication, and great success for the United States, the 81 year old will have to start his life over and walk away from the sport he has spent his life improving.
By the USEF Rule book :
“PERMANENT INELIGIBILITY from Federation membership and all Federation related activities, including a prohibition from taking any part whatsoever in any Competition licensed or endorsed by the Federation and exclusion from all competition grounds during Competitions licensed or endorsed by the Federation in any capacity, including as an exhibitor, participant or spectator. Additionally, a permanently ineligible person is prohibited from attending, observing, or participating in any event, forum, meeting, program, clinic, task force, or committee of the Federation, sponsored by or conducted by the Federation, or held in connection with the Federation and any of its activities.”
Cutting through all the legal wording, this has the following meaning:
- Mr. Morris cannot go to any USEF sanctioned events in any form.
- Morris cannot coach international teams in the US or any other country. (FEI honors the USA Safe Sport decisions)
- Mr. Morris may not own any horse, in full or part, that competes in any USEF events.
- Mr. Morris may no longer be an advisory to the USEF in any form.
- Mr. Morris, despite his credentials, can no longer to give clinics or coach USEF members.
- If any USEF member sponsors a clinic that uses Mr. Morris, those sponsors could also face a penalty or suspension.
- Mr. Morris may not go into business with anyone who is in the equestrian industry as a amateur or professional of any discipline.
- Mr. Morris may no longer watch a competition in person.
#USAJumping #HorseShows #HPN #GeorgeMorris